Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Gantt charts for parallel process

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I want to make effective use of the Gantt chart, but it is difficult to use as it is now.

It would be better to turn off the check for invalid dependencies in the Gantt chart and also turn off the movement linkage with the dependencies.

Because when the dependency field is set, invalid dependencies occur because the Gantt chart assumes only sequential processing.
In actual work, I think that most of the time it is parallel processing. (It would be easier if we could work with sequential processing...)
When several hundred or more of these errors occur, the scrolling of the screen slows down considerably, andใ€€various operations become stuck or failed.

Even if it is parallel processing, I want to display the back and forth relationship of the records, so arrows are necessary.

1 Comment
mattd
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I just created a similar request here: https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-ideas/more-mature-dependency-relationship-options-finish-t...

Not sure if it encompasses your needs, as the work I'm trying to represent isn't exactly parallel