Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Get shareable link to an individual record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love the ability to share an individual record by URL and to control the permissions on who can access the record with that link {anyone with the link, any logged in Airtable user with the link, specific Airtable users}.

30 Comments
Bob_Specht
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1

Requested similar here: Embed/link to individual records

Mics_Sky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1
Iโ€™d appreciate sending a summary of paiements and amount due to each member of our association by email and let them have a link for the next time.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This feature is definitely on our radar.

A short-term solution would be to email a record, or to create a new view with only one record in it and share that (perhaps you could make this view with only one record in it by making a checkbox field?).

How would having the ability to send out shareable links to single records fit into your workflow? Would you want to send out one record at a time to a few different people occasionally, or would you be doing in in huge batches and want it to be semi-automated (as these would be two different design experiences)?

Christopher_Bis

Canโ€™t speak for the OP but I would add the link to weekly emails to staff in our database to get them to check/update a subset of fields (so batch and automated, ideally available through the API) for their own record. I donโ€™t want/need each staff member to have an Airtable account.

Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Katherine-

Thanks for following up.

I would usually want to share records by links to a few different people occasionally. Often I would be embedding the link to the record in other online tools (Google Documents, emails, etc.), and would want to be able to share with (a) anyone with the link, or (b) specific Airtable users with the link.

Equally useful would be the ability to share views with specific Airtable users and/or teams. Because we canโ€™t link across bases, I have one large base that has a lot of information. When I share with other users, I often donโ€™t need or want to share the entire base with them, but particular views. At the same time, the information is sensitive enough that I usually donโ€™t want to share with just โ€œanybody with the linkโ€โ€ฆthatโ€™s too promiscuous for me.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

While Iโ€™m thinking of it, I want to add that Views are the key to Airtable. The more that can be done to enhance what users can do with views, the better. And at the top of the list is giving the users control over who can access which views (and what order the views are displayed in).

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

More granular permissioning with views is a good suggestionโ€”Iโ€™ll pass it along to the team. Views are easily one of the most important features of Airtable (which is why we finally added support for reordering views)!

a6ae2ad2afb044e593638a4513bee1bf18bc7674.gif

Mics_Sky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Katherine,
Thanks a lot for your follow up and to Christopher_Bisset +Chris_Sanders for their inputs. Nothing else to add.
Iโ€™m already using the โ€œshort termโ€ solution.

Regards

Trisha_Poole
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would save us so much time to be able to send an individual record to whoever needs to only see that record. Will this type of feature be avail soon?

alani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Katherine_Duh
Is this functionality still on the radar or (better yet) imminent?