Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Get shareable link to an individual record

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would love the ability to share an individual record by URL and to control the permissions on who can access the record with that link {anyone with the link, any logged in Airtable user with the link, specific Airtable users}.

30 Comments
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve made another extension that allows you to directly link to Airtable record. This one works out of the box with a very minimal setup. You’ll just need to add a new formula field where a unique sharable URL will be generated for each record.

Share Public Link for Individual Airtable Record

Amanda_Shipka
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Also keen to see this feature added. We would use it to allow clients to “return” to an application form that may be lengthy without having to fill in a form and submit it all in one-shot.

Robin_Parkin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Excited about this feature! In my workplace it could be handy for sharing up to date information about clients with relevant employees—however, obviously with a public link there are concerns about employee on-sharing and confidentiality.

Is there any protection against this, e.g. is there any potential for a feature where individual records can be shared with specific employee email addresses/does this exist somewhere and I’ve overlooked it?

Cheers!

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can make the extension more secure by enabling password protection. To enable password protection:

1. Go to the extension setup page
  2. Click on the “View Records” section
  3. Click on “advanced”
  4. Enable the password (screenshot of this below)

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.16.56 PM

Once this is enabled, only users who have the password will be able to access the records. You can also change the password at any time, in case you need to.

Abdelrahman_Am1

It could be used for office asset management.
Each record is a unique asset. Each record has a link to access the data in that one record. Every link can be made into a QR code. Every unique physical asset gets a QR code pasted onto it.

Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, would love this feature.

Also, slightly different, but would love to be able to create and send a URL that links directly to a form prefilled for one record.

For instance, I want to collect references for users, but I dont want the reference giver to have to select (from all our users) the one to give a few.

I want this to be automated.

sic

It’s been 5 yrs! Please look into this useful feature! @Nenya_Edjah @Adam_Minich

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@sic I appreciate the thought, but there’s nothing that I can do about this. I’m a fellow user, not an Airtable employee. Only users with the “Airtable” label by their username are employees.

Chantelle_Nash

This is an interesting solution but does not work for enterprise users as our IT department disables these types of add-ins. A built-in solution for this would be ideal.

Sebastian_Leon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed with the others, this feels very basic, surprised this isn’t available yet!