Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Global Search Bar for Interfaces

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
MichaelSargent
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

A global search bar for Interfaces. This would more than likely be in the form of an interface page but I could see it as a component for a blank interface page. This would pull up results pertaining to keywords with direct links to the records for the available interface pages.

How does is solve the user problems?

This would allow quick and easy access to various records in one action.

3 Comments
flyinsolo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

this would, no joke, absolutely change the game at my company. we're in the final stages of extricating our data and workflows from Salesforce and I've said multiple times that the one thing I miss is their global search bar's ability to surface data out of every nook and cranny.

across the tables that house our main workflows, the primary field is usually referring to the same piece of information, so I'd take even a rudimentary version of this where typing in the name of a record brings up options like "open this record in X page" or "open this record in Y page", as it would serve our purposes pretty well, but being able to search something like... an email address, and surfacing all records where that email appears (and not just in one designated email address field), would of course also be stellar.

I could also see something related being implemented as a button action. Right now "Go to interface page" is an optionโ€”in a Record Review page, say, I'd love the ability to have a button that says "Open this record in X interface", and it then navigates me to that record's location on a different page or in a different interface entirely (whether it be another Record Review page, the record's sidesheet on a List page, you get the idea). I can kind of do this by creating a button field and setting the right formula, but a) from a UI perspective, buttons get prime real estate on an interface, and I'd like to be able to take advantage; and b) we have so many fields in our tables already, and I'd love to not have to make a new one for each interface/view/whatever I'd like to be able to allow my end users to quickly access (and i'd also like to avoid making a whole table just to house this).

Jason_Knighten1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This would be a great addition and would act similar to Base Search extension but for Interfaces. Should limit results based on access and similar to Base Search, present results logically grouped and allow expanding record results pop up style without fully navigating away from search results. 

MichaelSargent
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Jason_Knighten1 Exactly! I don't know much about software development but to me, since they already have the core feature built out, integrating this as a interface feature wouldn't be TOO difficult. It's a major gripe currently from colleagues and clients who came over from Salesforce.