Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide some tables for specific user levels (Editors and below)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTNTH
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be great to be able to hide some tables from all user levels except for the Creator.

Use Case:

• We use AirTable to track sales and generate orders. Most users are Editors and only need to see the main sales tables which hold the full sales records.
  • We have a lot of tables which hold data for things like accessories and consumables. These are pulled into the main sales tables via lookup. Editors don’t ever need to see these tables.
  • The base looks very cluttered and confusing to new Editors as they see lots of tabs (tables) at the top.
  • Only the Creator(s) need to see or edit the contents of the accessories and consumables tables.
14 Comments
Nicole_Flewelle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed, it would be great to hide tables for permissions/security reasons. Additionally, I have several bases with tables that I’d like to develop, but that aren’t currently being used, or have placeholder data in them after copying templates with great ideas from Templates or the Universe. These tables are my as-time-allows/pet projects and it’d be great to hide them while I’m working on day-to-day tasks, and then just unhide them when I’m ready to work on further developing them.

Erika_Kurt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. I could really use the ability to hide certain tables or views from other collaborators.

Use Case:

• We use Airtable to take in information from applicants and volunteers, provide onboarding instructions and resources for new hires and volunteers, provide a team directory, list/manage projects, show group events, take/organize meeting notes, etc.
  • It is really convenient to have this all in one base. However, then we cannot share the whole base with collaborators as we cannot prevent them from viewing some tables/views. This is a problem because we cannot have staff/volunteers/interns view all of the personal contact information, interview notes, performance reviews, etc. of others.
  • Not being able to prevent base collaborators from viewing some tables/views means that we have to have a separate base with a subset of information for these collaborators. This is a problem because it is hard to keep track of duplicate information and make sure it is all aligned.
ChristelleCurci
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I feel like I’m digging up an old topic but I totally agree with that.
I have 17 members in my Airtable base, they all put their working time through forms and those times generate an invoice at the end of the month. They should be able to edit their personal times before the end of the month but not being able to see other’s people times. Even with personal views they can see other people’s datas. I’d very much to see this feature implemented.

Zoe_Davis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this. I would like to be able to hide certain tables and even columns from specific users and/or user levels.

TE_Office
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Completely agree, and would love to have such feature available.

We use an invoicing table which contain sensitive information related to payments and so forth and Ideally would not want anyone beside our Accountant to have access to. These data can’t be put on a separate base since they are linked to other tables in the same base :frowning:

AndreT
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d love to see Table-Level viewing Permissions.

I modeled some databases and the largest drawback is the inability to personalize the database’s user-experience on a per-user. And, obviously, also for additional security reasons. Currently, some users aren’t allowed on the bases for the sole reason that there isn’t any proper way to handle their view-permissions.

Some information shouldn’t be accessible to them, and most information is just clutter to them.

Evaldas_Banys
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totaly agree. Need to hide some view tables from users. I have a lot of tables like product trees for selection in other tables and just developers need to view this.

Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Please do this… we need the security of privacy controls!

Alucar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for that. Please do it

TheWolfHustle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes - this feature would be amazing. Also need it for my business as well