Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide 'Uncategorised' column in Kanban view if no uncategorised records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Steven_Hambleto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It takes up room and looks bad!

78 Comments
Danny_Peck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not only am I troubled by the fact that I canโ€™t completely hide stacks, but Uncategorized is locked to the left-hand side? Whyyyyyyy

Even collapsed, it still takes up SOME space, and thatโ€™s more space than we desire for something that serves no purpose in a set up where every task has a status

Weโ€™d love to use this feature at my company, but until this issue is resolved, itโ€™s going to be a hard sell to all our teams!

Charlie_Livings
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Am pretty new to Airtable and have already run into this issue! Really need a way to hide stacks, not just collapse them. I want to completely filter them out (as they are not relevant to the view I am trying to create).

Jeff_Evans
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1: hide stacks we donโ€™t want to see in Kanban view.
+1: auto-hide stacks based on filter if a filter is applied.

Jeff_Hayes

+1 - hiding stacks. On the grid view, I need 15 or so field values available to me. On the Kanban view, I only need a few. 15 stacks donโ€™t fit, even when collapsing them.

Cara_Shaw

PLEASE allow us to completely hide stacks in Kanban. I have WAY TOO MANY categories just to collapse them. I have got to be able to create views that only show certain stacks per view. Is there any chance this is in the pipeline???

Cara_Shaw

If we cannot completely hide stacks, a second option would be to re-order the stacks in a particular view without it reordering the categories everywhere.

David_Fulton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, please, please! Enable hiding of stacks through filtering in the Kanban view. It makes it impossible to use when you have too many selector fields to count. Itโ€™s so infuriating I wrote a poem about it.

Kanban, Kanban, what to do with youโ€ฆ
Unable to hide stacks out of view.
It makes me so mad,
Iโ€™m forced to right about it in my note pad.
Someday in the not too distant future I hope,
for Airtableโ€™s sake and longevity, that this feature, so within grasp,
is implemented, and fast!

Pat_Carne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The ability to completely hide stacks would be an absolute game changer, I use airtable for pretty much every aspect of the business and this is definitely my Achilles heel, having to collapse unused or no longer required stacks is great but not a solution that makes the Kanban view viable enough, the collapsed stacks plus the uncategorised stack just take up too much room

Mark_Wang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same on this request. My current workaround is to set up a collapsed stack and filter out the records. So even if the stack is un-collapsed, itโ€™s empty. Just my current workaround, but an actual hide would be preferred.

Steve_Wyrostok

+1: ability to hide stacks including โ€œUncategorizedโ€ in an interface similar to the Hide Columns chooser
+1: Ability to set โ€œauto-hide stacksโ€ based on filter if a filter is applied.

One of the top stumbling blocks to being able to more widely deploy Airtable within businesses is to be able to completely remove anything an end user does not need to see, question, or have cluttering up their view.

And, if I may, a sidebar +1 to resize Kanban column widths - even if itโ€™s all of tham tied together it would help.

Thank you!