Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

How to filter linked data [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I buy pallets, which each have several items on them, so I have a table for each LOT (pallet), and a table of items. I have a linked column in the LOTS table, which pulls the names of each ITEM in that lot. I would like to have another column that pulls only those ITEMS which has not been marked SOLD.

Ideas?

14 Comments
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Add in a Lookup field in the LOTS table for ITEM STATUS
Where ITEM STATUS is the field for stating whether the product is sold or unsold.

Create a view called โ€œUNSOLD ITEMSโ€ in your LOT table which has a filter i.e โ€œITEM STATUS = UNSOLDโ€.
This view will consist of only those items that are marked as unsold

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here is what it produces when I do the lookup field, just a list in a new column. I want the ITEMS column to only pull UNSOLD items. Any ideas?
AirtableGrab1.jpeg

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Anyone?? Iโ€™d love help on this!

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz I would love your feedback!

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You canโ€™t do that. You have to see that information from the Items table.

Let me understand what you do: you buy Lots with Items, and then you sell the Items independantly? And you want to see which of them are still available, isnโ€™t it? Why do you want to see that in the Lots table?

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When Iโ€™m looking at the LOTS table, it is usually to get an idea of how profitable the lot as a whole is at that point, or how far we are from breaking even or hitting our income goals. When I see that a lot hasnโ€™t lived up to expectations, Iโ€™d like to be able to quickly see how many items are still available without switching to another table, and then to another view, then coming back and hoping I remember the lot number during all of that.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You could do this:

1. Create a Checkbox field in the Items table, called Sold or something like that. Mark it when you sell an Item.
  2. Create a Formula field like IF(Sold,0,1), called Pending for instance.
  3. Create a Rollup field in the Lots table, called Unsold. Select the Items table, Pending field, use SUM as the function.

You cold also do that:

1. Create a View in the Items table
  2. Filter out the Items that has been Sold.
  3. Group By the Lot.

You now have in screen the Lots with pending Items to sell, but you also have the information about the Items.

Tip: you can use Shift + Space to view a โ€˜pop upโ€™ with the linked Items in the Lots table.

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-04_01-24-52_p. m..png

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I tried this, and Iโ€™m not clear on where Iโ€™m going wrong, but this just adds up the # of unsold items, without listing them for me.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I told you, you canโ€™t.

And you said this.

Angie_Belle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ahhโ€ฆOK, I see why that was confusing. Thank you for the solution, which did answer what I [didnโ€™t realize I] asked!