Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Tierney_Hogan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

up-voting this as well!

Johnny_Hill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - we need this as well!

Brad_Johns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - Yes, this would be great and seemingly very sensical for Linked Record fields with a 1-1 record connection. I see that @Katherine_Duh merged this post with another similar post, hopefully this is a good sign that this is in the development pipeline. I rarely if ever use the Kanban view for this exact reason.

Mariah_Malczews

can we add me to the list of people requesting this? Especially for single-link! It makes so much sense (and frankly, Kaban is the best view for my uses too but is currently severely limited). it would be nice to also be able to drag the records and change the link.

I keep thinking of ways to work around this using formulas and then I remember that those arenโ€™t functional for that either!

Gabor_Szutorisz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more vote to have this+ thanks!

Enzo_Iwata
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a must, as organizations stack tasks in many different ways. I was trying to stack, for example

• product releases by month,
  • content publication by week day
  • efforts by product
    etc
Jonathan_Ross

yea this would be a pretty awesome feature to add.

Escape_New_Have
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yep, definitely important. Weโ€™re playing around with the trial version of Pro right now and a little miffed that we canโ€™t both 1) link the Assignee column of a project task worksheet to a separate staff worksheet and 2) create a Kanban view with one stack for each staff member. A little surprising given all of the other functionalities of Airtable!

Olivier

It will be really help full to my department organisation if I could specify kanban value chain based on a linked field or lookup field.

Iโ€™ve just discover airtable new week and all my team activities (Digital Learning instructional design, production, deployment, bug & issues tracking) and budget are now configured in a base.
Thank a lot for this amazing tool, it only remains for me to present to my boss airtable to create a purchase order !

Steven_Harms
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here. Whatโ€™s the point of hiding referential integrity for us if we canโ€™t access joined tables?