Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Maciej_Alosat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any news on this?
For us this is must have

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hilarious. I just posted a very similar feature request — see my linked post below.

This is absolutely one of the biggest drawbacks & biggest limitations in using Airtable — yet it applies to ALL VIEWS, not just Kanban views!! It is a major problem with the entire Airtable platform, and I really wish that the Airtable engineers would prioritize this.

If I was an engineer working on Airtable, this would be my #1 priority.

Greg_Thompson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Mark me down for an up vote too. It doesn’t really make sense to have the single select functionality, but not have single record linked tables as an option. Isn’t that the benefit of Airtables?

VictoriaPlummer
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Try Matrix Block. It may work.

Ken_Thayer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more request for this feature. Please!

Oliver_Scholl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more vote for this !

Matteo_Brusa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve just created an account, and this is my first blocking issue.

George_Copelan1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In addition to this thought. I would also like to add the request to be able to actually ‘Group’ by columns, therefore creating multiple collapsable kanban’s in a single view if that makes sense.

For example if I have a linked column for ‘client or account’ the only way to come close to this functionality is use the filter method then that restricts me to 1) only seeing a single client at a time 2) remembering all clients to filter by 3) not being able to see where each clients tasks are in their kanban grouped on top of each other, if that makes sense? :slightly_smiling_face: Of course we can use the group method on a regular grid view to create a similar effect but it’s not exactly the same ‘kanban’ style experience.

Hope this helps!

Tim_Garbos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 blocking issue for switching to this platform.

Amar_Singh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need to allow users backend access their own user data through these views by filtering and grouping by username. I cannot believe that this capability is not available. Am i missing something here, are we suppose to use blocks or something else for this?