Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Oskar_Overa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like the same functionality that Neil is asking for

Tal_Koren
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d also like that to be possible.

Michael_Morris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d also like to have that functionality.

Alvaro_Martinez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to create a single select field and get the options from another table?
I am trying to view a table in Kanban mode and get the cards arranged by a particular field … but that data is currently linked to another table and not a single select field.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I wonder if this would be better solved by allowing linked records to be the basis of a Kanban view as well as single selects, rather than creating a single-select mode for linked records.

Alvaro_Martinez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, definitely. I was just hoping for a workaround.
Airtable is incredibly powerful and yet still has some huge weak spots that could turn people away.
Kanban is a great feature but needs to be more flexible in order to really leverage Airtable´s data handling possibilities.

Nik_Amar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also looking for this feature.

Gonzalo_De-Spir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Guillermo_Lopez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This would be great. I know kanban is about moving work along a visual pipeline. But the format has more potential. I was hoping to create a Kanban view using web pages as the stacks. I could then see and arrange content sections by page stack. It can be don by grouping, but the line up of pages and content was an appealing concept.