Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Link Table with specific View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve found that in the interest of keeping Data Fields hidden within specific views I am able to create a better overall work flow where by I choose the View related to the input/modification task being performed.

That said, I need a way of passing that View identifier to Related Tables so that the expanded information provided is similarly โ€œrefinedโ€ to the task being performed.

This may already be possible and I just cannot find the solution.

3 Comments
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So I just found that filters and hidden fields do not pass through to Expanded View and this would be another Feature Request.

In my opinion at least, if a view is limited to a particular set of data fields then the Expanded View (of that Customized View) should pass through.

Scott_Brasted
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have to agree with Jonathan_Fuller. I use Airtable for our ambulance inventories. We have to keep an inventory of all items and a subset of items referred to as 800 items separately. I have 2 views of the items table. One of all items and one of only 800 items. When I do the 800 inventory and I link items to the inventory, it would be SO MUCH EASIER to only see the 800 items.

Many thanks, Scott Brasted

Eric_Wong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also looking for way similar to this feature.

I have a โ€œSongโ€ table containing a list of songs in different categories. I have another table that linked several fields to this โ€œSongโ€ table. These fields are songs of different categories. In a form view, I would like to limit a particular field entry to see a specific category of the song within the table. I can use different views with filter categorize the table, but it doesnโ€™t pass to the form field entry. I have to split this table into individual tables according to the categories to achieve this.