Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lock a particular view or views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Leandro_Seabra
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would love to be able to lock a view in a way that for further editing/filtering you first need to unlock it.

7 Comments
Bill_Young
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also love this functionality. I have created โ€œExecutive Viewsโ€ for a couple of my airtables and I would like to lock them down so people cannot change the filtering or sorting.

Moses_Adler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is such an option expected? i really would love to have such a feature of locked views

Martyn_Davies
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this? It would be a superb feature for us.

Christoff
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I agree.
Itโ€™s easy to change a view but it can be difficult to bring it back to the original if there are complex filters, sorts and groups, as well as the width and position of various fields. Much better to have the choice of locking a view.

Michael_Crinni1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please please please add this

Stephanie_Avile

Please, please consider adding this feature soon. The views are SO HELPFUL to filter specific data that youโ€™re tracking against but with many people collaborating on the bases itโ€™s very difficult to maintain how they are set up. They can easily get changed even by mistake. A quick โ€œare you sure you want to change this filter?โ€ or โ€œlockโ€ in place would be really fantastic.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you are on an Airtable Pro plan, you can create personal views which only you can edit. Other collaborators can use these views, but are unable to edit them.

If you have a view that you donโ€™t want other collaborators messing with, I suggest that you make it a personal view.