Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Look and feel of a universe base (without publishing)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Manasvi_Somaiya
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Some of the AirTable universe bases that I see as examples/templates have cover pages as well as left-hand navigation for the different views (as opposed to seeing it via a dropdown). I was wondering if itโ€™s possible to have your internal base have a look and feel similar to that. I can imagine that this would be very useful for collaboration, especially in cases I want to share bases that will be used by different groups of people who are unaware that the drop-down is the way to find the different views. Anyone manage to solve this problem?

34 Comments
Jonathan_Cohen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 this would be useful for demonstrations and onboarding

Anthony_Gizzare
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m surprised Airtable hasnโ€™t responded to this yet. There are many tools very similar to Airtableโ€™s core design, (fusioo, zoho, etc) that have this feature but I use Airtable because it doesnโ€™t force a lot of the unneeded features. But if they want to stay competitive, they really need to release this feature. I will replace my entire CRM with Airtable if they allow this. I have many tables in one base because I use them to create sections in my primary tableโ€™s full record view, and this would allow me to have easier access to the primary tables I use, especially when mobile. Is this feature on the table, AirTable?

Alex_Mlynarek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Browsing through the โ€œuniverseโ€ section I noticed that all of the examples are displayed with the different tables and views on the left hand side of the screen (see attached screen shot). Is it possible to acquire this view for my bases?

Alex_Mlynarek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.02.13 AM.jpg

DavidMa
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The lack of responses here, along with the fact that Airtable continues to fill the โ€œUniverseโ€ with thousands of samples that donโ€™t actually exist for end users, and when downloaded donโ€™t work like the examples shown, is one of the most bizarre management decisions Iโ€™ve ever seen.

Otherwise still an amazing incredible product :grinning: !

Justin_Rae
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It doesnโ€™t look like Airtable is very active in their own forums? I havenโ€™t seen an airtable response to any thing Iโ€™ve looked up and this is one thing I keep coming back to hoping theyโ€™ll have an update and away to display the views like the universe.

Martin_Edwards

We built our own view like this in React by creating embed links for all of the views we wanted to have in our sidebar, then have the clicking of the links populate the URL in an iframe.

Tom_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for the Sidebar navigation integrated into Airtable. I have a couple of bases with 50+ tables and the tabbed view is a little cumbersome.

Jeremy_Duquesne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Push! Would love the sidebar as well. Having problems getting my team on board with using our Airtable because it is confusing for them to have the combination of tabs and dropdown. The Universe-UX is so much easier! Please Airtable-team!!!

Stefan_Norton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The left side tab described as โ€œUniverseโ€ would be huge for my org as well. How can I enable it?