Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make a second date field visible in sidebar for calendar view (i.e. Due Date & Date Scheduled)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jared_Ingold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If you could make a secondary date field visible on the calendar view’s sidebar it would make it a lot easier to use the drag and drop scheduling features. Even the example on the calendar view guide would need this functionality: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/216945218-Guide-to-calendar-view

In this example there’s a “Date/Time Scheduled” field and a “Due Date” field. If you use the “Date/Time Scheduled” field for the calendar view, you’re not able to see the “Due Date” field in order to decide how to schedule your week.

2 Comments
Jared_Ingold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I figured out a way to make this work. The calendar sidebar shows the date field that you’re using to sort the calendar first, then It shows the second column in your table. In order to get that to display what you want do these steps:

1. Switch to the main grid view
  2. move the “Due Date” column (or whatever field you want) to the 2nd column
  3. create a new calendar view

After this you can move the column back and it doesn’t effect the calendar view.

Maybe this info can be added to the calendar view guide?

Team_Tankers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for giving feedback and sharing this Howto…

I’m still new to thinking “Database”, so figuring out how to include a CRM typish Scheduled follow up with my Prospects before we change their status from “New Contact” to “Register Now…”

This Howto moves me closer