Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make the New List View Shareable

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The new List View is great.

But there's no option to share it, as there is with every other view.

Can this functionality be added?

Particularly hoping for the embed function to be enabled...

12 Comments
alexandrepro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

any news ?

DavidW
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

List elements can be shared as part of an Interface, but you're correct that at this time we don't allow sharing of List views directly.

MelissaNunes

Why is this??  And why is the list view unavailable for any automations???
My clients say they miss the spreadsheet we used to use because the formatting was so much more compact, clean and organized.  The list view is the closest formatting option I can create in Airtable to resemble a spreadsheet. We assemble hundreds of project records for our renovation design clients (homeowners), so we are working B2C, not B2B or sharing internally.  I know we are not the only service business in the world that serves individual consumers as clients, not other businesses or internal teams.  We've been struggling for years to find a tool where we can quickly collect product and material information for our client projects that we can share a live view schedule of materials with both our homeowner clients as well as the General Contractor on the project.  Most all other industry-specific software are awkward, too rigid and only designed for one type of business model or missing huge functions.  We chose Airtable for the main reason that we can manipulate the records any way we please, utilize tons of automations and integrations and link records to create our own master database.

Airtable is wonderful and powerful, but most shared views look bulky and clunky compared to the clean-formatted spreadsheets we used to use.  I know we can set up automations to send the data back to a spreadsheet for our clients to view, but that is a lot of redundant work that defeats the purpose of Airtable instead of spreadsheets.

philipplammers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sharing and embedding Airtable Views is such an obviously useful feature? Why introduce a new View Type without that ability? 

MoodyBiscuit

Just chiming in to say this feature would be really helpful for my company's current usage. I understand not being able to share a full interface with a non-paying user / public link as that would undermine the need to have new paying users, but having the lists as a feature in the data view and not making it shareable like any of the other views does not make sense.

Lists are a great feature and this limitation is just a minus for Airtable as views like data, gallery, etc have made people within my company obstinate to moving to the platform, whereas lists have been much more well received. And it's totally fine is if it's non-editable like the other views are when shared, the important part is having more control over the information shared, using the hierarchies and other list features, and letting the be distributed to people within and outside my company that don't need (or want) to be users, they just need to see the info here.

Hopefully this is an update sooner than later!

Alex_Gribov

Chiming in also - Really annoying that there's a new view and it doesn't have the basic share features of the other views! And it would be a particularly useful one for embedded sharing

AlastairLee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is the one view that I need to share with stakeholders - why can't I do it? 

nilu523
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding in another voice of support; it would be helpful to have this view sharable!

mw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This reminds me a little bit of getting every traffic light red on the way to work.  I've been trying to embed a nice, mobile-friendly table or list on my website . . . after setting up a nice interface, I've found that it's not embeddable . . . and now after setting up a nice list view I've found that it's not embeddable either.

JasperKoning
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'll add to the chorus. So happy to find the list view, just what I wanted to share with my team mates...but it isn't possible. Big question is: why not?