Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mandatory fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoshiki_Kuraki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to set some fields mandatory so our team members do not forget to input.
For example, customer’s name should be mandatory for a project management but some members forget to input it. The image is that if a mandatory field is blank, users are requested to input the field otherwise the new record is not created.

56 Comments
Michelle_Pinche
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Airtable_Admin1 @Air_Table3 can you provide a response to these requests?

Vikan_Chirawatp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

2016-2022 Still not available. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Info_Betoncablo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My boss is asking me to introduce mandatory fields for tabs!
Who will explain him that it’s not yet possible?

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Did you see that?

Blanka_Fuzvolgy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need this and the workaround above is too cumbersome. We really need this ASAP especially when it comes to building out Salesforce - Airtable integration and just general data management in the bases.

David_Tschirky
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please tell me, why does this ticket exist for almost 6 years and there is absolutely no reaction from Airtable on this fundamental request? At least a statement about why it’s not done yet would be something…

Pierre_Guillier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Very much needed. Any plan/timeline from the dev side please?

Matthew_Merola
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this not done yet?

Marc_Perkins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would also benefit from Required Fields as certain people on our team (not to name any names!) are not great about entering the right information when they add records.

Alivia_Smith

YES PLEASE WE NEED THIS

I know Airatble isn’t “a project management tool” but it is a big use case, and a fundamental process for our project management is for people to complete request, ie somebody fills a form to request a project, and in oirder for us to start working on the project and move to ‘In process’ I want to make sure someone added a start date ad end date for example.

It could be a specific type of view perhaps that has a pop up asking people to fill out a form?

Or it can be an improvement on the form view: being able to not just ‘create a new field’ but update an existing field

Thanks!