Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mind Map View to create and edit records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tim_Roth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The ability to create tables and records in this type of view would change my life.

20 Comments
A_H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would be a great feature. Airtable! Please consider this seriously!

Thomas2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Cette fonctionnalitรฉ permettrait dโ€™aller rรฉellement plus loin dans la navigation dans les records de la base !

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey, this is a great idea, did someone find a workaroud ?

• Maybe using the Workflow feature ?
  • Or using, yet another :-(, third party tool connected to AirTable ?

Thanks !

Callan_Rowe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, Iโ€™d love this! Miro meets airtable. Click up has similar functionality, however their databases is more focused on task management

Renaud_Savignar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1
We need MindMapping !

Gordon_Ho
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1!!! Canโ€™t find a product with such function

CodeKnight
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Taskade! has a mind map view. However their offering is only really for project management. Only real tool i could find that had a mind map project break down functionality

CodeKnight
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

They have DONE IT!

Shared Base Link :point_right: :point_right: Airtable - Hierarchical Task Management :point_left: :point_left:

Now that the free plan allows one extension per base, you can access the โ€œFlowchartโ€ Extension that allows you to specify parent-child relationships between records.

Looks good!

Downsides:

1. Limited to 100 records in relationships
  2. If you link from child back up to a parent or higher record, it will become a massive mess
Renaud_Savignar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Well not really IMO, as it is far from the intuitivity of a mind map, and you canโ€™t manually move around the records and relations.
We still a MindMap extension, working across tables !

Autumn_Gray_Eak
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

in my mind, mind maps donโ€™t have restrictions on one-way up/down connections.
Hierarchical flowcharts are very linear.
My uses of mindmaps connect at multiple levels between different branches, and this extension serves none of the functions I use mind mapping for.
However, I donโ€™t have the ability to process scripting/coding anymore (cognitive disabilities) and I donโ€™t have the money to pay someone to make it for me, so my needs are not something I can get met on my own.

I hope others continue to keep asking Airtable for the ability to have unlimited bridging of โ€œmapโ€ branches and without one-way-flow restrictions. I am hoping upon hope that Airtable gets this and a good airtable-written Evernote integration, plus a native ERD mapping environment that makes sense to my rusty and foggy brain to visually structure the records with bases and bases within a workspace so I can fulfill my goal envisioned when I got my first few PDAโ€™s and WinMo handheld PCs in the mid 1990s through to smart devices todayโ€ฆ stylus interactive handwriting analysis & OCR import record-keeping and integrations to create a full on memory palace/mind castle.