Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Mode() and Median() functions needed for formula rollup field.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Reading through the available rollup field formulas, I'm surprised there's no Mode() or Median() available for use.
https://support.airtable.com/docs/rollup-field-reference

How does is solve the user problems?

Mode and Median are a staple in 6th grade mathematics, and I can't even begin to summarise how they solve countless user problems that they're used for.

The target audience is anyone working with a rollup field wanting to quickly extract mode and medium data from their linked record array. In my current example, I have a Rollup containing several dates, and I need the most common date - IE, the mode(values) needs to return the date that occurs most often within the array.

mode(["2023-01-09" , "2023-01-09", "2023-01-08" , "2023-01-09"]) returns "2023-01-09", similarly how max() returns 2023-01-09 and min() returns 2023-01-08.

So importantly, Mode() needs to work not only on numbers and integers, but also dates as well - or possibly even strings. For example, a Rollup mode(values) of ["Dog", "Dog", "Dog", "Cat", "Dog", "Cat", "Cat", "Dog", "Mouse"] returns "Dog".