Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

More data from Outlook Emails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacedh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Add more imported data from each email imported from Outlook via Automations.
Specifically I'm missing "Conversation ID" that could be very useful to automatically group emails that are part of a longer conversation.

If possible, also being able to get at least PDF attachments would be amazing.

How does is solve the user problems?

I have to rely on one or more services to get these features today (Power Automate (has more data from each email) to Google Sheets, then using automations to import from Google sheets.
As you already have a Outlook integration, adding a few more data points should be easy.

How was this validated?

Other services provide much more data points for Outlook emails.

Who is the target audience?

People that use Outlook and Automations to import emails from their inbox to Airtable.

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I agree with you that Airtable’s native automations are too limited.

You mentioned Power Automate, but for me personally, I’m not a huge fan because I find it just as limiting as Zapier.

For me personally, I prefer Make’s Outlook Automations, because Make offers so much more power and customizability — and it’s incredibly cheap or free.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

jacedh

@ScottWorld I realized after posting this that I had thought Power Automate and Make had about the same amount of data for each email. Surprisingly Power Automate has much less (seeing as it is a Microsoft service), but still more than Airtable.

"Web Link" is missing from Power Automate, but can be fixed by using the "Conversation ID" and Airtables URL encoder formula. Worth noting is that Conversation ID can contain "_" and Airtable does not encode that. But also that can be fixed using Substitute formula.

I have found Power Automate and Google Sheets to work very well once you set it up. There is a small delay, but only a minute or so at most.