Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

More types of attachment

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Nik_A_Hafiz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hi,

i have seen a request for mp4 (or video) files to b attachable to a record in airtable. can we add to that request for attachments for other common file types (e.g. pdf / txt / ms office) too, please ?

tks: -nik-

8 Comments
Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Nik, to be clear, you can already attach video files, PDFs, .txt, MS Office docs, and any other file type to file attachment fields in Airtable (see the โ€œattachmentsโ€ field type in this article: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/203229705-Guide-to-the-basic-field-types ).

You can then download the original file at any time from Airtable. For certain document types, including PDF, .docx, .doc, mp3, etc, youโ€™ll be able to preview those files directly in Airtable without downloading. For other file types, including video for now, you wonโ€™t be able to preview them in Airtable, but you can still upload and download them freely. Hope that helps!

Nik_A_Hafiz

Thanks for the swift reply, Howie.

All good then.

Kind regards: -Nik-

Adam_Acosta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seems like you canโ€™t download video (mov and mp4 in my tests) files on iPhone app. Android works fine. The best I can do on iPhone is open with safari but the file is not downloaded to a location I can locate. What am I doing wrong?

Is inline video coming soon?

Steven_Zhang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Related: I canโ€™t stream mp3 files in an attachment field, only download them

gravity_consult
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had a similar problem, one work around I found was to have a few images as a slidieshow. This helped me convey what exactly I was talking about. Not the same as a video or animated .gif, but seems to serve the purpose.

Iker_Quilez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this feature. Looking to preview MP4 files from within airtable.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built an extension that allows you to play video attachments in the browser. It auto-generates a video player for every record.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable now supports this natively: