Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Move Interface page to different Interface Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Just to ensure I'm using the jargon correctly, I believe an 'Interface' is a groups of 'Pages' -- with that out of the way, I wonder if it would be relatively 'low hanging fruit' to offer the ability to move a Page to another Interface within the same Base? Why would you want to do this?

The Enterprise plan has granular permissions that control which Interfaces can be accessed by which users/groups. A Page in an interface might be useful to multiple groups, but that doesn't mean I want multiple groups to have access to the entire Interface. This results in having to re-create Pages in different Interfaces that have the appropriate permission settings.

A function to move a Page to a different Interface (within the same Base of course) would be a significant 'quality of life' improvement and time-saver in this situation. It could live in the page's '...' menu (see screenshot)

3 Comments
John_Hite
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Admittedly, I've created pages in the wrong Interface group before and it's quite frustrating that I have to completely scrap and start over. +1 to being able to move pages to other Interface groups within the same base. 

John_Hite

Edit/update: Perhaps I missed it before, but the ability to "Duplicate" an Interface page to another Interface Group is perfectly fine workaround. This serves the same purpose as a "Move" would. Thanks Airtable team for making this feature. 

Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Well whaddaya know?

This is absolutely what I'm talking about. Thanks for the enlightenment, John! 🙂