Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering – is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Lynnsey_Schneider You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: DocuPilot also works with Integromat or Zapier for communication with Airtable, and Integromat would be my preference because it is cheaper and more powerful than Zapier.

Jenny_Ban
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for this feature ASAP, please!

Piet_Hadermann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For a more advanced layout, you could always try to get something custom developed by talking to the API, or use the ‘Scripting’ block.

The Scripting block has a print button, but you can ‘print to pdf’ if a pdf is what you want. This works fine for reports, overviews,… you need to generate ad hoc.

I also needed to have reports sent by email every weekday/week. Did this by having an external script talk to the API, which is fairly well documented. If you have a bit of software dev knowledge, or now someone who does, then this is something you can do in days rather than weeks.

I have to admit I was rather underwhelmed by the Page Designer too.

Ugo_Jauffret

I think Multiple Page is a must have for Page Designer and Airtable.

Cath_Robson

+1 for this - I came looking for what I was sure would be something very obvious that I’d missed…but it seems not!

I’ve got around it previously by creating an A3 sized report but currently WFH with access to A4 printer only.

Julian_von_Gebh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - This feature just make sense and it would be very helpful! I also think it should be possible to export separate PDFs at once. For example, if you wish to create certificates for participants. Right now you could only create one super big pdf

nickboom
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - Need it. How could someone possibly make an invoice or organized list of items that is longer than what can fit on a single page? Should be a no-brainer.

Sam_Becker

+1. I’m quite surprised that this issue with Page Designer still hasn’t been addressed more than 2.5 years after this post. It seems like a real limitation with the App and something relatively easy for Airtable to fix.

Ben_Zavitz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jason, I tagged you as you appear to post in the announcement area. Is there anyone at Airtable that can address this thread? Page Designer is currently one of Airtable’s greatest strengths and weaknesses. Thank you!

Fabio_Scuderi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have started to use Airtable 1 hour ago for the first time. I was excited until I came up here LOL.