Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
Ellen_Edgerton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable devs, we will keep screaming for multi-page in Page Designer until you RESPOND!

Sean_Tubridy

I donโ€™t think they will respond unless people to threaten to leave Airtable or actually do leave because of this. I spent weeks setting up Airtable, learning it, and integrating it into our company. It never even occurred to me that page designer would be this limited. Thatโ€™s on me for not investigating more. But it doesnโ€™t matter, this may not be the solution for us and we are going to look elsewhere and cancel unless Page Designer is updated or we find an alternative solution that doesnโ€™t cost an arm and a leg like Docupilot or Formstack. Weโ€™re currently looking at Kintone, Smartsheet, and a few others.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yep, it can get extremely pricey to use Airtable if you need to generate custom documents and/or automate the creation of documents such as PDF files, Word documents, custom JPG images, custom PNG images, QR Codes, barcodes, etc.

If you need custom designable & printable layouts, you will likely need to move beyond the โ€œspreadsheet appsโ€œ that youโ€™re looking at (of which Airtable is one), and upgrade to a genuine database platform like Appleโ€™s FileMaker.

p.s. I am both a professional Airtable consultant and a Certified FileMaker Developer. If you have a budget for your project and youโ€™d like to hire an expert to help you with any of it, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Dmitry_L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this, there must be some way to print more than 1 page :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Ronald_Kanka

any updates on this???

Steven_Benders

Just a thought here, when โ€œPrintingโ€ a Page, you can set the height to be printed for each page.

For example, you can set your Page Designer page to be 4000 px tall (a very long single page).
But when printing, you can set the page height to be 1000px per page, resulting in 4 pages in the final PDF.
2021-05-26_11-07-31 (2)

Using this technique, you can measure out your blocks to fit into the appropriate page breaks.

Alan_Edwards
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is the solution. It would be nice if it were automatic, but this works and once set up will provide simple functionality. I would add that Iโ€™m having trouble printing from Safari for some reason. I get blank documents, in addition to a variety of unpredictable results that vary according to which Page Designer document Iโ€™m trying to print. I thought it was Page Designer, but itโ€™s Safari. Chrome prints just fine and will work well with the process you outlined here.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Iโ€™ve been needing improvements to Page Designer for the past forever. I donโ€™t understand why Airtable donโ€™t keep adding new features to it, or if thereโ€™s too much legacy tied into it, create a new app called Document Designer.

Importantly, whatever Airtable release, it must have dynamic record/list/view placement, so that the output document dynamically and automatically grows with the number of records/views. And just as importantly, it must support both the Group and Filter features.

Itโ€™s so frustrating having to look for a solution for this issue, considering the amount of other users also needing this.

Cumulo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all,

We have created Cumulo Docs which is capable of rendering

1. Multiple pages
  2. Multiple records
  3. Has API Support
  4. Works with free accounts

Hereโ€™s are some samples:
Invoice - Ocean Blue
Invoice - Alpha Bold
Invoice - Alpha Green

Hereโ€™s our Show and Tell link - Cumulo Docs - Create beautiful PDFs, Visually .

Do check it out :pray:

Youtube:

Tadej_Mursic

Multiple Pages without printer format adjustment would be excellent. Thanks, Airtable Team!