Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple URL entries in one field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie_Bates
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m so desperate to have multiple URL entries in a single field. It’s so difficult to include URL references on a record when it requires more than one URL, and I have been frustrated with this for over a year to the extent that I just give up on using Airtable for many projects.

Junction tables, which I have tried, are really not a good solution to this because:

1. I don’t use most references more than once, so there’s no reason for me to have a separate record for some random URL.
  2. Having to create a record for every URL makes data entry that much more cumbersome (the reason I stop using Airtable), and
  3. The ability to click the URL in a URL field is too important. When the URL has to be its own record it just starts feeling clunky and frustrating.

Furthermore, it’s implausible for me to just have multiple URL fields because while I often just use one or two references, sometimes I may need ten. Having to habitually scroll past a bunch of empty fields ends up making data entry sloppy in the longterm, because one gets used to mentally filtering out empty fields and then forgets to enter stuff when it matters.

Aside from references, I can imagine this would be frustrating for contacts-type databases where a person or business may have multiple URLs associated with them. I have also found it frustrating when trying to compile research on a topic: things that ought to function as a tidy single record suddenly need to be their own table, or multiple tables, and it just gets silly and impractical.

I would just really appreciate it if the URL field could just have multiple entries. It would make a huge difference and I would use Airtable a lot more, with a lot less frustration.

13 Comments
Caroline_Kvitka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes I need help too. Is there an update to doing this?

Yachal_Upson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this as a necessary feature

Maka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

need multiple URL option as well!