Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Named and Saved Filters

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mics_Sky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi again,
I’d like to know if i can “NAME” and “SAVE” a filter and use it furthermore by selecting it from a list ?
In case it doesn’t exist, i think that it could be helpful as a standard feature for some of us.

Regards

5 Comments
Mics_Sky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

THE answer is " VIEWS" !!!

chrowe
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Views are not a good solution for me since they contain more settings than just filters. It is too easy to end up with multiple views that all have to get updates to stay in sync with each other.

Ty_Saunders
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this every been addressed? It would be great to save these views so different team members, designers, managers, product managers, could see the views they need.

hazpoco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

HI @Ty_Saunders, I think @Mics_Sky was correct in his/her provided answer – at least it works for my use case. Here’s their guide: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202624989-Guide-to-views

Gerd_TF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can understand that many want to default to the view solution but I agree with @chrowe

You can have one and the same view and want to apply a different filter to it. And while technically switching to another view might accomplish the same from a user’s perspective and keeping an organisational hierarchy it is not. Just think of the a job applicattion scenario where I have job application that have been a status: intervieved AND have a potential:high in a list view. I might want to see the number of overall applicants, easily sort by fields and then with one click filter my VIP list. Switching to a new view for that just does not make sense to me.

So I would also like to see the option to save one’s filter settings.