Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

New API Field Type

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tillprochaska
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I just had an idea that would be a great addition to Airtable’s concept: something like an »API field type«, that’d make it possible to easily retrieve data from external sources, display them in a table and filter and sort by these values.

I know there are probably some difficulties in creating a feature like this that is easy to use enough for every one. However, I could imagine so many use cases in which users could benefit from enhanced/additional data (that’s often availably via public APIs), so I thought I’d just share this with you. I’m curious about your opinions about this…

• List of social media influencers
    We’d like to keep track of social media influenceres we have worked with in Airtable. In order to sort by popularity/followers it would be great to automatically retrieve the follower count or similar metrics from external sources like the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook APIs rather than having to update them manually on a regular basis.
  • Wish list
    Save all the things you’d like to have in a database and always show and sort or group by the current price on Amazon
  • Keeping track of shipped orders
    Save all orders in a database, add the shipping number and always show the current status of shipped orders
  • Favorite movies
    Get the up-to-date rating on Rotten Tomatoes for every movie in the database
  • And probably many more…