Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Non US Phone formats needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Parke
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Now, I know there are 300 million of you Americans and that’s a big market - BUT - we need phone formats that work for other countries! First up should be Australia - where the phone format is landline (XX) xxxx xxxx and mobiles are (04xx) xxx xxx. Please?

46 Comments
Rhys_Murphy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this functionality please.

Mark_Della-Libe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looks like 4.5 years have passed and still no progress on this. Can we get an official update, please? @Katherine_Duh?

Cedric_Imbart-L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I perfectly agree! a proper field for phone number will be very useful.

vlado_vaco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So are you international company or local US startup? :slightly_smiling_face: when can we expect this? thank you.

Doug_Parke

@Katherine_Duh Now, as the original poster, I have had 5 years of emails coming in from other loyal and enthusiastic customers of Airtable requesting what is, let’s be honest, a pretty basic requirement for an application that is sold to a global market. I have not seen one response from anyone at Airtable to these requests and I think all on this community would agree that is a pretty poor (no - unacceptable) situation and not at all what we expect from Airtable people. Can we please have some meaningful communication from you or someone with the authority to give us a clear statement of intent (or not) to this feature? Many thanks.

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I 100% agree. I’ve been following Doug’s post since early on, waiting with baited breath for this edit. I manage thousands of phone numbers, with different country formattings that need displaying in the one field. All i need is the what I assume to be simple change of adding custom formatting to phone number fields. Thanks

Chris_Dowling
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I cannot believe this feature is not available when so many other task managing apps and even relatively new entries to the market come with the option built-in. It is a fairly simple feature to add, and all it needs is the option to have the phone number formatted with country code (flag and number) plus the phone number. And allowing users to simply click or touch from any device to place a call.

Is there anyway to get these requests seen or have priority?

gloria_w

This is such a simple feature that would be so very useful! Can’t believe this has been ignored for so many years. Makes me wonder if Airtable listens to customers…

Angelo_Piscite1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I hope we get a response from the Airtable staff, it is clear how in demand this feature is.

Federico_Marver
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature to be added