Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Only Embed Block Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Cleave_Treanor
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In working with the Organization Chart Block, it would be really neat if we could just embed the block dashboard view instead of having to have the entire base embedded in a website. It would help our site look a lot cleaner.

Thanks!

16 Comments
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Embedding blocks is in beta testing right nowโ€ฆ I believe you can still request to sign up for it at this link: https://airtable.com/shrLK2dGvhx46S6bU

However, to embed a block, you still need to give be okay with someone having access to the entire base. It puts a little button in the corner of the block that says โ€œShow Dataโ€, which upon clicking shows all of the tables in the base.

Hopefully when the full feature is released, there will at least be an option to remove that button. For most of my use cases, the only reason I want to share just the block is because I donโ€™t want everyone to see all of the data. :slightly_smiling_face:

krista_krebs

Is there an update on when this might be happening?

Stuart_Green
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on embed โ€œblocks onlyโ€, without data view?

Jen_Pennington

Where are you guys with this feature?

Vinish_Garg

Following this discussion as I have the exact use case. I need to embed a block to my external web page!

caffeinatedwes

Following this as wellโ€“I have a similar use case.

Erwan_Pannier

Hello @AlliAlosa, do you know if there are updates regarding this feature ??

Andre_Geest
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like to ask if this feature is actually available at all with or without showing the underlying data. Thanks!

Deepa_Prasad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Following up โ€“ I would really appreciate the functionality of embedding block views.

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, Iโ€™m not privy to if/when the feature will be out of beta testing, or if the โ€œShow Dataโ€ button will removed when it is. My understanding is that with the way that airtable is structured, itโ€™s extremely difficult from a software developerโ€™s standpoint to allow blocks to be embedded while simultaneously keeping the data secure. Fingers crossed that someday soon this feature is widely available :+1:t2: