Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Organizing Saved Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Magoon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Good morning,

I am wondering if there is a feature which can allow us to organize our views? What I mean is I have made a number of views and I would like to organize them like a page tree. For example:

Most used
-view
-view
-view

Leadership Views
-view
-view
-view

You can see this list is getting longโ€ฆ it would be great to bucket them and be able to collapse them when not needed?

64 Comments
Gabriel_Audant

Yes please!

It would be even better if we could create editable pages, like Microsoft Access Forms, in which we could position links to views anywhere on the form. This would allow us to group our views any way we want.

I would have one page dedicated to Admin Views and several other pages dedicated to Data Entry Personnell Views. Depending on which project a data entry person is doing, they may need to access a select handful of views, and so it would be great to give us this flexibility to group views onto pages as we see fitโ€ฆ

Watunyu_Suthach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 I think itโ€™s very helpful for all.

L_Team

+1 for this!!!

This is a FANTASTIC idea. Sitting here just thinking about all the time that this feature would have saved me.

nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

+1 for this too. As we all go deeper into our integrations, we naturally need more views and a nicer way to manage them :slightly_smiling_face:

Troy_Bravenboer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable I love you.

2 years later and we are still waiting on this one. The people have spoken.

I am a new user less than 60 days and already see this as a huge need.

please, thank you. rock on.

Rachael_Caldwel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second Troy_Bravenboer - looks like this has been a request for a long time and is needed by many of your users. I came here looking for an answer to how to organize by views, and would love to see a response from the Airtable Team!!

James_Yoo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chiming in here and echoing everyone else. My list of views is growing without end. Looking for some way to better organize it all. Thanks in advance!

Will_Saleen1

I agree that it would be good to be able to group table views for better organization. We donโ€™t have a huge amount of views in a given table, but such organization would better communicate to other users as to which views they should be using.

Another possibility would be to have โ€œdatabase viewsโ€ (in addition to table views). This would allow customization of a single database to better serve the needs of certain departments or functions. For example, the โ€œMarketingโ€ version of the database would look different from the โ€œAccountingโ€ version. The ability to manage users into groups, and assign sets of views to specific groups, might be helpful here.

Tom_Quigley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1, please implement this!!

C_Boyd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - I have SO many viewsโ€ฆ please help!!