Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Page Designer - sort Table columns [Resolved]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_O_Loughlan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I’ve seen a few similar foum topics on this, but none directly solving the SORT issue with Table Columns from linked fields. All mine keep coming in reverse order from what the SORT on the main field is (usually A-Z), but once in page designer, it is limited to reverse order. Any workaround or solve as yet?? It would be great to simply be able to have the option within page designer to sort any linked table via any column via rules similar to the main base grid view (or at least caryr over those settings).

3 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

So you want to order the linked records or the columns of the table? Your question is a little confusing.

Hellene_Gronda

I have a similar question for page designer - I am using the linked record feature in page designer block to create a table of grade results for an individual, and I need to display them in a specific order (ie all the grades for a particular term grouped together). I have one table with records for each individual, and a linked table that contains the enrollments per term for each person and the grades etc.
When designing my page, I bring in the linked records as a table which is great but
I need to be able to sort the table by one of the columns or group them by one of the fields in the linked table. At the moment, they come across in the order they were entered in the linked table.
And/or is there a way to bring over the sort/grouping from a particular view in the linked table rather than just the table as a whole?

Jacob_Lamoureux

Happy to share that our blocks team has just added the ability to sort the records that appear in linked record tables in page designer! For an illustration of how this works, please click the GIF in the record here.

Stay tuned to our What’s New page for other improvements!