Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Password Field / Conditions in Form View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Ford1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am the manager of the Makerspace at a University. We run our space/machine reservation system on Airtable and Integromat. The users fill out a Form view to register as a user first. Then they do another form anytime they want to reserve something. Part of the problem is that when they go to select who they are in the reservation form, they have access to everyone else’s name as well. This is security issue as well as a nuisance for us on the back-end.

My question is would it be possible to create conditional fields only within a Form view? For instance, if the user selects their name from the list, they must also put their password into a “Password” type field that they set when they register as a user. If it matches what’s in the record , then the form is accepted. It would work almost like a modified Lookup field combined with conditions.

This would allow us to securely have hundreds of “users” without them needing to have an Airtable account or really even any special permissions. We have almost 300 Makerspace users and having to pay for that many users in Airtable would be our entire budget - and they don’t even need access to Airtable really…

There could many other uses for this for businesses with clients, returning survey participants, etc.

2 Comments
r_s
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Patrick_Ford1 Did you end up finding a way to accomplish this? If so, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

One easy solution to this would be to use a portal like this one: