Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Phone app hidden fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
surula
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I hide some fields on the computer on some view, the same fields are still visible on my phone app (iPhone last version of app 2016/05/26) from the same view. Basically, all fiels are visible on the app

Is it normal?

14 Comments
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Donโ€™t know if itโ€™s normal, but I see it as well. Iโ€™d like to see hidden fields hidden on mobile as well.

Emmett_Nicholas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is โ€œnormalโ€ (as in, โ€œby designโ€) for now.

A hidden field is hidden from the mobile card view, but it is still shown when the record is expanded. Similarly, on the web browser, a hidden field is hidden from the grid view, but shown when the record is expanded.

We realize this can be confusing, so weโ€™re considering changes to make hidden field behavior a bit less surprising!

David_Washburn

Hi Emmett,

I was just checking on this since we are running into the same issue at our company. I know this is intended functionality but it would be great to have a button at the top right that allows you to show/hide hidden cells. Also I recognize this is an old thread.

Perhaps have the cells hidden by default, unless you tap โ€œshowโ€?

Kumar_Indresh

any update on hiding whatโ€™s hidden on android app? I have many columns that are hidden but when they show up on mobile it makes it difficult to navigate and find the right columns

Alex_Michaux
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here it is very surprising, as the goal of our views is to make sure people see only the info they need.

badkerning

Any updates on this? Iโ€™m finding data entry quite confusing on the app due to all the hidden fields appearing.

Kumar_Indresh

has been quite a long time but no update, is there a product roadmap or a table where planned released are published?

Curtis_Flick

Yeah, this should at leas be the same as an expanded view on desktop where hidden fields are grouped under a toggle at the bottom. I agree with previous users. I donโ€™t want to see all these fields on any device when I hide them.

Sam_Morris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am considering using Airtable for a startup as it mostly suits their needs, however, this is a real issue. I am concerned that it has been open for two years and Airtable have only commented once on this.

The fact that the app which is certainly where most of the data entry will be doesnโ€™t hide the fields when the record is expanded seems odd, particularly when forms do not work on the app and therefore it is the only method of data entry available.

Can you give an update on this, please?

Micah_Chelf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Our organization is too extremely disappointed that this problem ever and continues to exist having been a known issue for a very long time now. I echo the request for a roadmap on fixing this.