Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

PowerPoint Presentation Replacement?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPT
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to use Airtable to save time creating PowerPoint slides that I currently use to present status updates in weekly meetings. I was hoping to do this with the Page Designer Block, but it looks like each instance is limited to just one page and I need the layout for each slide to be slightly different. For example I want my deck format to be similar to this:

Slide 1 - P1 features status
Slide 2 - P2 features status
Slide 3 - P3 features status

Is there a way to do this or combine the views of multiple blocks into a PDF?

If not I’d love to see this feature added to Airtable. My team is new to Airtable and the thought of saving time from updating records in multiple locations makes us giddy.

7 Comments
Kristi_Archer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did you ever receive any feedback on the question that you asked? I am planning a presentation over how I have used Airtable to improve program efficiency and I would also like to create my presentation within Airtable. Since I am presenting on the Airtable program and all of the many ways that it can be used, it would be really captivating if my entire presentation was “housed” within the online program. I am really eager to hear if you’ve learned or figured out a way to make this possible. Thanks!

JPT

No, unfortunately we did not find a way make this work within Airtable. Airtable has the Page Designer block, but I found it extremly limiting and frustrating to manipulate.

I’m still spending time in both Airtable and PowerPoint for my regular updates.

Kristi_Archer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you! I agree. I tried to make it work as well, but I found that I was having to manipulate everything. I am also utilizing PowerPoint for my presentation.

Jim_Sutton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One could always use Dropbox Paper. It has a presentation mode and paper allows you to embed views to your document.

Harald_Saevare2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

That’s a fairly good workaround! However, we should still be able to Embed/Share individual blocks

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I do almost exactly that but with Google Slides. I know, Slides (from Google) is not that good, but if you can generate a Google Slides document automatically through the API and Google Apps Script, you can also automatically export to PPT and even automate the email process.

This post demonstrates the general approach.

jhorey

Hey all, if anybody is still looking for a solution for this problem, we're developing one over at Slideform. We already work with Google Sheets, but we can basically help with:

1. Query records (either in one table or multiple tables) and embed them into Google Slides (or PowerPoint). You get to upload your own presentation template to make the results look exactly like you'd like. After linking up the records, creating new presentations is a single click. 

2.  Create multiple presentations/slides from a row in a table (more like a bulk mode). This makes it easier to generate slides for each presentation feature (assuming a feature is represented as a record for example). 

If you'd like to learn more please give us a shout. My email is james@slideform.co (I'm one of the co-founders).