Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Prefill a hidden form field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using forms for user research and I would like to segment answers from different customer groups, similar to how survey monkey allows you to create different links to the same survey and segment answers accordingly. In this case I want to create I want to create different forms with the same questions, but which have a hidden pre-filled field called “Origin”, prefilled with values like “Facebook”, “Internal” or “Newsletter”, so I can backtrack what kinds of answers come from which channel.

Being able to prefill fields that are hidden from the form would allow me do do this inside of Airtable rather than go to a more complicated tool like Survey Monkey.

Best,
Oli

62 Comments
Rose_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This has been my top needed Airtable feature recently.

Michael_Tyznik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be very useful for me as well.

Abdulrahman_Alz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We’ve added support for prefilling hidden fields in the miniExtensions form. It has full support for all Airtable field types, and much more!

xoelipedes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree, this is something 100% needed and I guess not so hard to implement

Ibrahim_Islam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We NEEEEED this pleeease

Evan_Villemez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my voice to this feature suggestion - the inability to prefill a hidden field is the primary thing that would prevent us from being able to use AirTable over SurveyMonkey for a number of use cases.

Luke_McFadden
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is sorely needed, especially to maximize automations.

Sam_Michel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yup, another request for this as well, please. Would be super handy.

Use-case: updating existing data in a table where not all of the fields are displayed to the end user.

Julian_Keenagha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature is badly needed

Brooklyn_Music_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! We need this so badly. Otherwise my forms end up looking like this… oy. Not great for public use.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.49.35 PM