Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Public comments : Free "Commenter" users / Autorise comments in Shared View & Shared base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Lefebv
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable have a loooot of potential for public informations sharing but is currently missing its opportunity. I would not pay for 1000 users as commenters but I would like to let 1000 users to give me their feedback on some records from a base in my Pro Plan.

An easy way to do it would be to set “Commenter users” the same way as “Real-Only users”, not considered within the billing.

Benefit for a company : Be able to gather a lot of feedbacks on multiples assets & data from the public

Benefit for Airtable : More customers & visibility. Since I want to gather some information from a lot of Customer & Suppliers, I will want to invite them all as “Commenter” so they will learn about Airtable and because they will need to create an account they might try and buy.

Per example :

• Share a Kanban Product roadmap and gather suggestions
  • Share a Products Gallery view to gather feedbacks
  • Share a video asset base with mass users to let them clic on a video record, watch it through dashboard (loom or video) and give me their feedback trough the record comment feature.
4 Comments
Paul_Warren
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

While somewhat limited, the new button field makes a lot of this possible! You can create a button that opens a form that creates an “comment” record in a linked table. Then you can use a roll up field in the original record to capture comments.

To make this even easier on the public, you can use a formula in the button field to prefill the form with the selected record.

A bit of a work around, but works with shared views!

Buttons are awesome :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

France_NR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hello, paul_warren your suggestion is very interesting, can you pls show us how you create that button (with screen capture). I’m new on airtable. That will help alot. Thank you !!!

jonathanlaniado
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I agree, I would love to see this use case in action!

Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I apologize for not replying for so long. Unfortunately, my organization no longer uses Airtable, so it has been difficult to justify the time to create a walkthrough of the process. I believe the idea still works, but am not sure if a better way has been implemented amongst the recent changes. I still have this as an open action item, but I imagine you have found another option by now (8 months later :astonished: )