Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

"Created by" field type (or username called by formula)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Paul_Teplitz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there:

Part of how I use Airtable is as a CRM, and I am setting up a table that my staff can use to track customer interactions. We are interacting with hundreds of customers, and itโ€™s very useful to be able to know which staff member was involved in previous communications with a customer. Just like there is a โ€œcreated timeโ€ field type, it would be great to have a โ€œcreated byโ€ field type. Alternatively, a formula that returned the username of the active user would also be a potential solution.

Thanks,
Paul

42 Comments
Scott_Holt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like to see this feature added. I agree it could be similar to Created Time, but instead would be โ€˜Created Byโ€™. This would end confusion about who originally entered the line item, and would streamline data entry.

Max_Mallows
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What was @Katherine_Duh solution?

michael_colacin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree that this is necessary functionality. AirTable is designed to be collaborative and if you have hundreds or thousands of records created by dozens of peopleโ€ฆwell you get my point. +1 on this suggestion.

LizzardDaddy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Bumping this upโ€ฆ please tell me there is a way to return value of the record creator.

Sam_Brown

+1 This would be SO useful for medium and large teams

Similar to Dynamic filter based on collaborator field ("Me" view)

Mark_Hernandez1

Any update on the โ€˜CREATED BYโ€™ field. We have this in the Activity / Comments section, however this is buried until you pull up and expand the record making it of little use for us. Can this be pulled out with a formula or some other work around? We want to use an โ€˜interactionsโ€™ table for our client contacts and want it to automatically populate the team member name and created by time stamp related to each comment.

Dimi_Timeline

Iโ€™m very new to airtable, but this is almost the first feature I wanted to use once I started setting up my CRM-style baseโ€ฆ genuinely surprised itโ€™s missing and eagerly anticipating the update!

Motti_Vaknin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please I need this feature as well

John_Sum
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Would like to see this function added as well.

Kat_Grant
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 I need this feature also. Is this being worked on?