Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

"Created by" field type (or username called by formula)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Paul_Teplitz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there:

Part of how I use Airtable is as a CRM, and I am setting up a table that my staff can use to track customer interactions. We are interacting with hundreds of customers, and itโ€™s very useful to be able to know which staff member was involved in previous communications with a customer. Just like there is a โ€œcreated timeโ€ field type, it would be great to have a โ€œcreated byโ€ field type. Alternatively, a formula that returned the username of the active user would also be a potential solution.

Thanks,
Paul

42 Comments
dk82734
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Can we please get support for this feature? This seems like a no-brainer.

Marius_Soulas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature :slightly_smiling_face: !

Lynn_Walton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for this feature. Been several years with lots of people asking. Is it even on the roadmap?

Josh_Inselberg

+1 for this feature. Any estimate on this?

Stan_Meyer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. we really need this feature. Our staff will not enter their names

Chuck_F

+1 Need this feature

Tim_Garbos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. For a bug database we need to know who reported the bug.

TFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can use the โ€œCreated Byโ€ field already, but Iโ€™m looking for a way to copy its value elsewhere (through formula).

SHIFTYOURJOB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The CreatedBy field type does not cover this need with forms: even when people are logged in, even with domain whitelisting/password protected, the user is โ€œAnonymousโ€ when filling in the form.

This feature would be a real game changer: my company, using our own SSO (with Google) is seriously condering the Pro or Enterprise version of Airtable, but weโ€™ll never go for it if the featureโ€™s not there.

Could you do something here, please?

David_Lumsden1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree with all the other contributors, this is a vital feature and would like the question to be addressed by Airtable.