Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

"Row Color" Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

We’d like entire rows to be highlighted in a given color based on the color of a single-select choice in a field/column that has been designated the “row color” field.

6 Comments
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

You could then easily group by color… Which is easy now, but not nearly as visual.

paul_phillips
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agree with this.

More widely, I think the overall presentation of the table elements of Airtable could be improved. For instance, rather than having horizontal lines in the table, I’d like to have alternate white row then shaded row for use when embedding the tables into a website

Karl_Hosking
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am very surprised that I can’t give “Single Line Text” either a text colour or a background colour.

Linked tables are going to look very “icon” blue & drab indeed. :worried:

Kim_Trager1
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

It would really make the whole user experience so much better is you could color entire rows to group data visually

Allison_Medoff
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I also would like a color option for individual cells and to be able to change the text color.

Darin_Bellisari
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 would really like to be able to color or grey out/italicize entire rows to separate them out visually.
The problem with simulating this via grouping by a calculated field is that when you group by a calculated field you can no longer add new entries, which is cumbersome