Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Read and Comment Only [SOLVED]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dianne_Clark
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to share data as ‘read only’ yet supply collaborators the opportunity to comment on it (within each record). This would likely be another permission level between Reader and Editor, but would provide a rich data set faster.

4 Comments
Ted_Pearlman

Bump. Here’s my use case example:

I have my user story backlog stored in an airtable table. I don’t want collaborators to see all the records, so I’ve created fields and accompanying views (and shared those views) to keep things that need to be hidden hidden.

The problem is, those collaborators that have access to the view I’ve created for them cannot see or add comments, which forces us to discuss any given record in that view in some other tool, i.e. Slack. (Yuck!)

Nickie_Bertram
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What is the purpose of having read only permissions if commenting isn’t even available? Commenting should be included at every level. Please, add this!

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey folks, we just launched commenter permissions today. Commenters can see and directly comment on records in a workspace or base, but cannot modify any of the records, fields, tables, or collaborative views. They can also make personal views for themselves (if they’re part of a Pro plan workspace).

Status changed to: Launched
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager