Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Record Delete Confirmation

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I have been working with Airtable for only a short time - with a view to building solutions for clients. One of the things that worries me is how easy it is to delete a record - simply right click and delete and itโ€™s gone.

In my view there should at least be an Are you sure message - or the increasingly common requirement to type something like โ€œDelete this recordโ€ into a dialog box.

It may be that a table option should be provided to allow a choice for the creator.

7 Comments
Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed!

Weโ€™re using airtable as our entire customer project management system and one wrong deletion could screw up so many things! We need to have some sort of confirmation on the deletion of a record (or highlighted chain of records).

Maybe something like, if youโ€™re sure you want to delete this, please type: โ€œDELETEโ€ and then the record/field can be deleted.

Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any update on this?
Weโ€™ve been burned by this a few times (where a team member) accidentally deleted a record. If there was user role management to say only certain user roles can delete records, this would fix the problem as well. But, as it is, letโ€™s just copy the โ€˜delete commentโ€™ confirmation that you already have in place, but for records!

PLEASE & THANK YOU!!!

Matthew_Dewey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agree with this. Having the option at the table level to enact a prompt that appears before deletion would be a useful safeguard.

Octavio_Lopez_S
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, I think any measure to prevent accidental deletion of records would be very useful.

Artem_Bourov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agreed, would be very useful when managing large amounts of important data.

Laura_van_der_S

Indeed anything that would make it harder to make accidents like this would be great!

Elena_Sanfilipp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this?
We have also deleted records accidentally and it would be very helpful to have something implemented in Airtable to prevent this.

PLEASE!!!
Thanks.