Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Scrolling bug on mac desktop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwight
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There’s a bug in the Mac version of the desktop app where if you are dragging a scrollbar (horizontal or vertical) and the cursor moves outside of the app window, the scrolling stops. Then, when the cursor hovers back over the app, the scrolling continues, even if the mouse button is not down. It’s a jarring experience. Here is how to recreate:

1. Desktop app is open and in focus the entire time. It’s helpful to decrease the size of the window so it is not full width/height of the screen.
  2. Click and hold scrollbar to drag. While you’re dragging, move the cursor outside of the boundaries of the app window. Scrolling should stop.
  3. Release mouse button.
  4. Move cursor back into the boundaries of the app window. Scrolling will continue based on mouse y-coordinates. You have to click anywhere to stop the scrolling.

Compare to other apps (e.g.: Chrome) to see how this behavior is broken.

I’m not using Apple’s mouse so don’t have touch or horizontal scrolling built-in. So clicking and dragging is the only way to scroll, especially horizontally and because there’s no track behind the scroll bar.

Would love it if this was fixed. I def use Airtable less because it’s so difficult to view large tables because of this issue. Happy to provide any more details if that’s helpful.

Thanks!

Dwight

16 Comments
Tom_O_Quinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is still happening for me… has someone found a solution? I want to upgrade but cannot use Airtable if this Chrome bug is still not fixed

Kay_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Found the Fix for my scrolling issue on Mac Desktop. I’m running OSX.9.5 & Firefox Version 78.10. I could not scroll at an airtable ‘table.’ But, once inside the record, no problem scrolling.

After numerous days of research I don’t think it is a mac or airtabe issue. I’d suggest trying this for any browser you use that has a scrolling issue: disable all the extensions. Try airtable. If it works correctly turn each extension on - one at a time - try airtable again. Do this til you find out the culprit extension causing the problem so you can keep it turned off. Could also launch the browser in ‘safe mode’ (which turns all the bells & whistles off). Two good websites for safe mode & extensions…How to disable or remove browser extensions
How to Open a Browser in Safe Mode Good Luck - Kay

Jeff_Hayes

Is this scrolling bug still happening for anybody on the Mac desktop app? When I drag the horizontal scroll bar all the way to the left or right, then release and move the mouse back in the opposite direction, it starts scrolling again, even though I’ve released the mouse. This only happens on the Mac desktop app, not on the browser app. Happens on several different Macs, so it’s not isolated to any one machine.

Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This was fixed months ago.

Jeff_Hayes

Problem is still happening here unfortunately. Mac desktop app only. I’m on the latest version of everything…

Jenny_Arntzen

I tried the desktop app when I first signed up a couple of months ago and immediately noticed the scrolling problem. I gave up on using the desktop app and only use online version. I would use the desktop app if it worked properly.