Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Setting field order when referencing linked records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus
What is the proposed idea/solution?

The referenced field order can be changed to the selected View by setting "Limit record selection to a view"

How does is solve the user problems?

The fields you want to see when selecting linked records should be different for each table or View. While "Limit record selection to a view" allows filtering of records, it would be helpful to be able to set the field order as well.

Who is the target audience?

Users frequently using the link record

---

The field order of a table when referenced from a linked record depends on the first View of the referenced table.
It would be very helpful if we could set the recently added (I forget when, but it wasn't there in the past) "Limit record selection to a view" on the link record to change the field order to the selected View.

This may also be related to this post.
Change Field Order on Linked Record 

2 Comments
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hmm this is working for me. The field order becomes the limiting view's field order. Changing limiting views changes the field order to that view.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I did not word it well enough.
Certainly the record selection window is subject to limited views.
The idea is to apply it also in the field list when "Expand cell" a field in a linked record.

I will correct and repost in a new topic.