Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

54 Comments
Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm on a legacy Pro plan. That may be why my interface is unable to be shared publicly. It is a list view and not a view stated that doesn't work from Peyman Yousefi. Wonder if I need to upgrade to a Teams account. 

atusr
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sounds good, it's a step forward 😊

Our main challenge is now how to manage this:

Some hidden data may be exposed. Public sharing might expose hidden data in your page, such as fields or records used in filters, charts, and other elements. This information could be accessed by technically-adept users through network logs.

Divya_Shah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did this finally come into existence?

Anne_Gonzalez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, it did but it's still pretty limited and some of the limits are not clearly evident in the building process - only when you go to view the interface using the public link. And each page of an interface has to be shared via it's own link. 

The only supported layouts for public links are list, gallery, kanban, calendar, timeline, and dashboard. Technically record review is not supported, although it allowed me to create a public sharing link for it while obscuring some of the data I had added at that link. Other non-supported layouts would not allow me to generate a public sharing link.