Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

43 Comments
Sam_Johnson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please let free or public users use interfaces. This makes airtable far more useful for collaboration. It will also mean that mode people are exposed to your brand.

Our use case is providing a shipping portal for customers and vendors. 

JV-TRP

+1,000 if I can can vote multiple times.  What’s the point of having and interface, if external stakeholders like my clients people can’t interface with it?? I love the dashboards, and would like to create a dashboard for each of my clients to see the activity stats and the status of the projects I’m working on for them. My internal team (who have Airtable accounts) don’t need this - they have access to the data. Frankly, Airtable is costing me a fortune just so I can get my clients to view just a sliver of the analytics. A view-only, non-account option would solve the problem.

I might as well just go back to Smartsheet where this IS possible, if a reasonable and cost-effective Airtable solution isn't deployed quickly.

Sean_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@JV-TRP what was it like using smartsheet? We are looking at moving to some alternative to airtable considering the pricing changes announced.

LaureP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Absolute requirement for me! 

Irene_Pak1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also think the main selling point of interfaces is lost without public access. Please make this a feature. 

Timur_Saglambil

Interfaces without public access is like a screen door on a submarine. Please take this in one in consideration! 🙏

gianniskotsas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It’s a necessity for me as well. Both for my clients and my team. And if you think about it, people who work with the Airtable don’t necessarily need a dedicated interface to read data. They can simply find the data they need in matter of seconds. Right now, I export the data, import them to another software to create beautiful graphs in order to share them with external people. When I first got introduced to Interfaces, I spent hours to design the perfect page only to find out that only people on Airtable could have access to see it. You can’t imagine the frustration when I found out you simply can’t share it publicly… 

upwellsol
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is unfortunate - I'm also looking for a readonly view to share in a website embed. I may need to find an alternative to airtable, as this is a requirement for my usage ☹️

Lauren_Ayoub
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be huge for my team.

PeymanYousefi

+1 - I still cannot believe why AT hasn't addressed this issue!