Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

43 Comments
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I don't know if you know that.. With the new updates, there is a possible "temporary" solution to our problem. We can download a PDF version of the interface and send it to our clients. It isn't the perfect solution for things that change frequently because the PDF will be static, but at least it is something.

PeymanYousefi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a related question:

If I submit both a base AND its interface to the Airtable Universe as a free template, will the interface component not be incorporated into the template (considering all the comments here)? I have only seen base templates in AT Universe.

marcobatman88

I completely agree with the post: this feature needs to be implemented immediately in order to maintain the base of paying users (like me) who, instead of looking for third-party solutions, find in Airtable a solid base for experimentation

pedrocosta18
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need this as well! It's the thing that is blocking us from sharing airtable data to other teams and external people

Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also requesting this feature. I just learned about Interfaces and it would help the adoption of using the bases I've created if users just have to click a few buttons to bring up the data they need but the company will not pay for every user to view these. 

Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Guess this is going nowhere. I'd like to hear from someone at Airtable, why Interfaces are only available to paid users. As many, many people on this thread have stated, Interfaces would only increase the use of Airtable at their company. We would probably create more bases that would help the staff and bring on a few more paid users but the entire company isn't going to pay to use 1 base. 

Anne_Gonzalez

Please add this functionality. Interfaces would be incredibly useful to us if we could share them without requiring an account. But in their current state, they are useless. I don't understand why you can share a Base view without requiring an account but not an Interface view when that seems like the whole point of interfaces.

djchuang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be such a valuable function, and if it could be an incentive to be a premium feature, if the Airtable team wants to make this an exclusive value just for paying subscribers, that'd make all of us happy. Should be easy to do, yes? But what do I know 🙂

Look at how beautiful it'd be to share a summary dashboard like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 11.58.25 AM.png

MxMercedes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a game changer for those of us that have external clients! 

yendilove

Yes please, interfaces are supposed to be public. It would make the product sooo much better.