Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If โ€œMet at a conferenceโ€ is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldnโ€™t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

+1 for this feature!

Trevor_Ellestad
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Among everything in airtable, this is my big number one - along with just overall improvements to airtable forms (layout, etc.)

Amanda_Kohler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree!! Please add this! Google forms has this and I use it all the time.

Matthew_Stebenn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How is this not a feature yet? Would be so very valuable to workflow, and I unfortunately have to resort to Google Forms to have this feature.

Jonathan_Schofi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this idea.

My use case is:

I have a task list Base where I have separate columns for Status and Priority. It would be great if setting a Status of โ€˜Completeโ€™ could clear the then redundant value in Priority.

Lara_Proffit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please I use Formstack and Jotform with tons of conditional logic built into the forms. WOuld be really awesome to be able to do in Airtable. ALSO Would be great if we could create multiple email notifications tied to the submission (instead of just collaborators doing their own).

Doug_Blumeyer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For now, Iโ€™m trying to help prevent myself from choosing incompatible options from columns by naming the options in the column that is conditional on the other with the option it must be associated with from it in the name of each of its options. For example, if โ€œ4-radial symmetryโ€ should only be associated with "shape"s instead of "pattern"s, then I rename it to โ€œpattern - 4-radial symmetryโ€.
Itโ€™s not failure proof and gets unwieldy as you nest further and further down. I could really use this feature to solve my problem!

Daniel_N_Reynos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seriously, I need this for my data entry team!!! Cannot move to airtable without it. Currently using typeform to gsheets.,

Dan_Fein

This is very needed! Would be used within 30 seconds of it being implemented for my one project with 10+ forms (Data Collection)

Anton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Have to say this is a dealbreaker for us. Most forms will require the use of conditional logic to remain intuitive.