Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Display Date Range in Calendar View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m really excited about the recently released calendar views. Thank you for including this in AirTable. It really helps to visualize certain data that’s associated with date and time.

That said, I’m curious if you plan on supporting date ranges? My use case is that I track events that are happening in the world, specifically film festivals. I have a table that contains a list of 1200 film festivals and their start and end dates. I’d love to be able to see the ability to create a view that shows the range of dates that the festivals are occurring. Right now I can only choose either the start or end date, which is helpful, but doesn’t show me overlapping dates between the different events.

74 Comments
Chester_McLaugh
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

This javascript library is a decent demonstration of how I imagine the UI would display multi-day events.
https://fullcalendar.io/

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 Drag edges of calendar item to make it span more than one day… :slightly_smiling_face:

stuart_cliffe
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi. First post here, and I agree with all of the above. I’m setting up a conference timetable with 1,2 and 3-day events and no matter what qualifiers I add to the calendar view, it’s impossible to tell them apart easily. All anyone tends to see is the start date. It’s a fundamental feature of calendar views to show duration as well as inception.

Something else you see that I haven’t found yet is repeating events - weekly / monthly / annual / every 3rd Tuesday… I’m guessing there’s a thread somewhere that I need to endorse for that too…

fero_hora
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Definitely want this option!

Gareth_Chapman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes - me too please!

Jacob_Gibson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed that is a needed feature for calendars.

Nick_Wheeler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh no! I came looking for a “how to enable this feature” tutorial, and found this thread instead. Viewing a date range seems fundamental to project management, and such a natural fit for a tool like Airtable. I’m very dismayed to find it isn’t possible. This was a major reason I signed up in the first place!

This is a deal-breaker, guys. Please find a way to implement this.

Alfred_Peters
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
I was considering building out an entire database system for my company. Unfortunately, since we teach classes, we need a way to notate the duration of the classes and the days on which they are taught. Once that functionality is added this would be a golden system for us. :frowning:

Bryne_Ulmschnei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just started using AirTable and +1 for this feature request

Alex_Tuai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature request. I’m logging dates for international summits/meetings/etc that span multiple dates and would love to have this feature