Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Display Date Range in Calendar View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m really excited about the recently released calendar views. Thank you for including this in AirTable. It really helps to visualize certain data that’s associated with date and time.

That said, I’m curious if you plan on supporting date ranges? My use case is that I track events that are happening in the world, specifically film festivals. I have a table that contains a list of 1200 film festivals and their start and end dates. I’d love to be able to see the ability to create a view that shows the range of dates that the festivals are occurring. Right now I can only choose either the start or end date, which is helpful, but doesn’t show me overlapping dates between the different events.

74 Comments
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 Pretty please. I really hope you are already working on this.

South_Paw
5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 1 from me too. We’d totally move my department’s project management calendar to Air Table if we could have this.
Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Matt from Airtable here. We are currently planning out improvements to Calendar View including support for date ranges. To set up a date range, you’ll configure a calendar with a separate start date and end date field; the end date can be a Date field or a Formula field.

These improvements will be available in beta in a couple months.

Pierce_Baugh

Fantastic news, any plan for a Gantt type view?

Rolando_Guerrie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And this will be possible with dates in linked and/or lookup fields too ?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

These improvements will include support for formula- and rollup-based date fields as well. Since a lookup field may contain multiple dates, there’s some additional complexity to supporting them, but we’re exploring the possibility.

clarklab

Great news! Piggybacking a tiny request: dragging onto the calendar is one of my favorite methods. Would it be possible to get a “drag to set range” interaction in the calendar view? Like so:

Drag a record onto a calendar day, setting the start date
Drag the record to span N days on the calendar, setting the end date

I’m finding that dragging onto the calendar is actually making me set dates, something I often skip in other planning tools.

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Yes, the dragging behavior you described will be supported.

stuart_cliffe

Hi Matt - good to hear there’s more coming soon. Will the beta be freely available, or do I need to sign up somewhere?

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

We’ll reply to this thread when a public beta is ready.