Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Hidden Fields in Expanded Record View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please give us an option to hide fields in the Expanded Record view based upon the hidden fields in the grid view.

35 Comments
Jon_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any idea if this is going to be released?

Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Whoa! Where did this guy come from?
image.png
I don’t know how to use it, but I’m glad to see it at last! :slightly_smiling_face:
-Donald

Jon_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just saw that too. Thank you for doing that Airtable.

Peter_Banks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How do you enable this? I’m still seeing fields that are hidden in the view on the expanded view?

Jon_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Mine was automatically enabled. In the expanded view once you get passed the non-hidden items, there is an arrow that says “hidden fields” that you can click to show or hide them.

Peter_Banks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Worked it out - looks like this doesn’t work on the default view that is created with the base. However if you create subsequent views it appears to work. That’s fine for me.

Jeremy_Walker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Maybe I am missing something - but I cannot seem to find a way to “hide” fields when expanding a record in calendar view, either. I know some users have mentioned they get a “hidden” option, but I dont seem to see it.

The calendar view I am using is for sharing to internal stakeholders - they only need to see 5-10 fields out of the 30ish fields on the record. Nor would I want them to see my internal scoring metrics :slightly_smiling_face:

Donald_Newlands
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I still haven’t figured out which grid view is used to determine hidden fields in the expanded record view. Is there documentation of the hidden fields feature somewhere?

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I believe it’s the default view — the topmost view for the table. I’m not sure — haven’t checked, but I will — it has to be a Grid view.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The Expanded view will ‘Hide’ the fields hidden in the view from which it’s opened - and the visible fields are in the order they are in view as well.