Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Option to "Turn Off" and Remove the "History" side column in Expanded Record View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Chris_Larson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. I think it would be a nice visual aesthetic to be able to look at a clean form when in the Expanded View mode, without having to see the side column with all of the history. I know I can turn off the history, per say. But the column is still in view. Perhaps when clicking to turn the history feature OFF, the side column can also be removed visually from the detailed form page. This corresponds to my full Desktop and Website versions.

Another way around this, I guess, would simply be to include an option for fully customizable forms views. Both for viewing and printing.

Thank you.

9 Comments
Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The side column remains there because itโ€™s used for user comments (which are not disabled even if revision history is).

Chris_Larson

Thanks for replying. I guess a customizable form page would be a nice feature then. Or perhaps, just allow the user to click a button to Open/Close the side column, as needed.

Darren_Layne

Iโ€™d also really, really love to see this as an option. The blank space on the side, even with Revision History turned off, is a huge distraction โ€“ especially for records with a ton of attached data in them. That screen space would be much better spent displaying the data, themselves.

marcio

+1 here. The revision history is neat, but it clutters the chat, making it less useful. Perhaps the โ€œhistoryโ€ and โ€œchatโ€ could be de-coupled, each on its own column.

I like seeing history, but not if it clutters chat, so perhaps history is also visually de-prioritized.

Jay_Kay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This clearly needed feature (Hide Revision History Sidebar) would require a tiny amount of developer work (about 2 hours of jQuery).

Al_Ei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed, I know there is a way to โ€œnot displayโ€ the history, but why the heck do you keep the blank pane??.

Xemo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

hi - where is that option to hide the history ?

Annette

Yes, I agree that it would be really good if we could turn off the side column completely.
The blank page with the commenter field is simply frustrating. We just need to deal with the record
in good view.

Will you be introducing something to enable us to turn off this side column?

Status changed to: Already in product
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager